Saturday, May 14, 2011

"IT"

Let me set the scene.
My boys love junk...love collecting junk (don't know where they get it (LOL).  Today is the biggest junk day of the year for Maroa...the Maroa Rummage Sales.  Out of tradition, we get up early, go get Casey donuts and begin our day of shopping for junk.  I kinda think this could have been the first time that Grey really knew what was going on, or that he could have remembered it from the previous year, but he was SO excited.

As I was standing in line, with all three children behind me I hear this couple chuckle behind me.  I turn around and Grey has the plastic ring that he took off to open his drink stuck up his nose. He proceeds to pull it out along with a big string of snot.  The couple is laughing and the man remarks "You must always be on your toes", and she comments "I don't know how you do it"

As a mom of twins, I have heard this comment many times. I never know how to take it.  Is it a compliment?  Because usually they say it at a time that I don't feel like I am doing whatever "IT" is very well.  Then I wonder how does any mother do "IT"?  "IT" is hard for any mama I would imagine.  So it just leaves me pondering all day on what "IT" is?  And while I ponder  I continue to do "IT".

No comments:

Post a Comment