Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You are Going to Live in a What???

This time last year I had a little boy.  My… has he grown up.  Preschool has been the best thing for Greyson.  He has learned to be a friend, to listen for more than five minutes and even to count.  I must say (sorry Mrs. Aupperle) he has also learned to speak clearly, and this makes me sad.

Some of you have probably heard the castle story before, but since I am now going on day two without any funny stories (see this blog is working like I wanted it to) I must share the castle story.

One day a girl stole my little guys heart.  And I must be honest; I think he thinks they are married now. And if she was not a senior in High School, I don't think I could find anything wrong with her.  So hopefully this is showing his taste in women.  Well, those of you who live in Maroa know of the big brown castle that is on Wood Street.  It is the one for sale.   After Grey realized he was in "love" he decided that he and the love were going to live in that castle.  He was going to live there with her, and all of her sisters were going to live there also.  The sisters were going to cook, and clean, and do the garden and play with him.  He was going to sleep and play and eat.  BUT this is not the funny part, the funny part is the way he would share the story with EVERYONE he met - from friends, to the cashier at Wal-Mart.  I will do my best to recreate.

 Anyone Grey would come across: Hello, or Hi or whatever one might say to a cute little 3 year old.
Grey:  HI I am Greyson and I am going to live in the big brown $#@hole. (Inset girls name here) is going to live with me, and we will be happy as ever.

You see Grey could not say his "c's" or "g's" "m's" when they started a word.  You can imagine how many other words we had problems with!
Gas ($ss), garage (arange), geese (deets) Mickey (Ickey) Caslte (Astle but sounds like...well you get the picture!)

Now I have an almost five year old who says all his words right, and still shares his fairy tale except  it is just not as funny.  And sometimes, that makes me sad....

1 comment:

  1. Love your nest theme -- very Vintage Pearl, and lovely. Thrilled you are bloggin - I will link you into mine so I can check in regularly. : )

    ReplyDelete