Monday, May 9, 2011

Let's Catch Everyone Up

So for those of you new to the Applebee family story let’s get you caught up.

Phil and I are college sweet hearts.  We were married in April of 2000.  He is a coach/teacher at Maroa Forsyth High School.  I am the President of Junior Achievement of East Central Illinois.

On October 10, 1999...yes, I know the exact day-as it changed our lives forever...we were two first time parents who were anxious at our first ultra-sound appointment.  I was 25 weeks along, everything was going great.  Our doctor had been out of town and I really wanted him to be the one to give us the ultra-sound report.  We were not going to find out if it was a boy or girl.  We were there, Phil by my side, and the ultra sound tech said "Well, it says you don't want to know what they are...is that right".  Phil says "Yes, we don't want to know" I sit up and say "WHAT...they??"  She says "Yes, you have two babies in there" Phil says "Two babies?" (And goes on to repeat that about 200 times and that is all he can say)  So, we decided with that news, we better get as prepared as we can, and found out that in March we would bring into this world, two baby boys.  TWO baby boys.

As we rushed to tell our family, and get everything ready...I may have been doing too much.  The day after Christmas, I was rushed to Springfield as I was in labor.  Fortunately, they were able to stop the labor, and I was on bed rest for the rest of the duration.  On January 31, Baby B (better known as Mickey) was not moving.  We did everything we could to get him going.  So...we decided to do an emergency C section.  He was fine...we kid now that was just Mickey being Mickey.  Jack Theodore and Michael William joined us that day.  One minute apart.  Jack makes sure everyone knows that he is the oldest.  Jack stayed with us for a few days, but then went to Springfield for 10 days.  He had some minor problems, but we felt blessed that he was going to be okay once his lungs matured a bit more.  He got to come home 10 days later, and that is when the fun began.  I am sure I will tell you more stories later.

Greyson George entered our world on June 26, 2008.  Jack and Mickey were 3, and needless to say were not too overly excited about their new brother.  Fortunately, he does not have the exciting baby story the other two do.

Now you need to add into the mix:  One cat, Ozzie (12 years old has been with us through it all), One bulldog (Bonnie who is the girl I never had), Cooper (a 6 month old German Shepherd who weighs 80- pounds and has more energy than anything I know of), Cody (a lizard who was purchased under a moment of mama guilt), Perry (a turtle who was bought at another moment of mama guilt) and 2 fish, and 2 frogs (I don't know their names as I replace them as needed so Grey does not cry).

So now, you are at least caught up on how we became a family.  I will now keep you up to date with the stories of raising 3 boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment