Thursday, January 19, 2012

2012..New things...

Here we go, we have brought on the new year.  I have struggled keeping up with this blog.  This last week has been very stressful.  Not for one thing really, but just a lot of little things.  None that really add up to much.  My family is healthy, my home is warm, I love my hubby...so I should be happy non stressed. 
Today the morning was a disaster.  I feel bad for the boys because all I do is yell.  I asked 3 (at least) times if everyone had their coats and bags…yes, yes, yes.
So when a special on Tim Tebow came on at 7:30, I said they could watch the segment and then we would go.  I did the dishes; all was well because they had their coats.

Walking out the door.
Jack “I forgot my coat at school”
Me “No you did not it is sitting on Bonnies cage”
Mickey is in the car no back pack, no coat.
Me “Mickey get your stuff”
Mickey goes in and can’t find it. 
I go in..guess where it is?  HANGING WHERE IT IS TO BE!
Grey is sitting in the car, all buckled.  Good job right?
NOPE
We get to the sitters and he does not have his back pack OR HIS COAT!! 
I yell at him and he goes inside and I was bad, left him without saying bye.  He looked back so sad.  J & M were freaking out.  “mom you did not say bye”  I just drove home got the stuff without saying a word.  As I was afraid to speak.


I again know that is nothing, I am so blessed in so many ways, I cannot count them. 

I am truly blessed to have such good friends in my life.  Two of them have agreed to begin a journey with me, that I feel, beyond a doubt, I NEED!  I was told by a friend that they were reading the "HAPPINESS PROJECT" http://www.happiness-project.com/

We are going to read this book, together. 
As the writer said in her book, "Time is passing, and I’m not focusing enough on the things that really matter."  Did it really matter that the boys did not have on their coats this am?  Probably not!! 
This book encourages you to write a blog, focus on the positive, focus on what matters.  So, such I shall do!




1 comment:

  1. I promise you. These are truly good years. They will be grown in the blink of an eye. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete